After 12 months, your foreign driving license is no longer valid in Switzerland. Fill out the form “Gesuch um Umtausch eines ausländischen Führerausweises” (Request for the exchange of a foreign driver’s license) and submit it to the registry office (“Einwohneramt”) of your municipality. They will forward it to the cantonal road traffic authority. Remember to bring an identity card when submitting your paperwork.